Tuesday 22 October 2013

Kuching Marathon on 17th August 2014



Let the countdown begin!

298 days to go before Kuching's very own full marathon


As a Kuching-born runner it has always been my dream to run a full marathon in my own hometown.  Since I only started running seriously last year I have had to run all my full marathons outside my home state of Sarawak.  To date I have run five of them.  So now that the date of the Kuching Marathon has been announced as 17th August 2014 I know what I will be doing on that morning.  Am hoping that many Kuchingites take up the challenge to go the full 42.195km.  Last year I started my adventure in running by attempting 5km at the inaugural Spring Live Active Run.  My first FM was at the Penang Bridge International Marathon last year. I have run two half marathons since, but for me it has always been about going the full distance.  It is hard for me to explain to non marathon runners how it feels to run long.  All I can say after completing the Putrajaya Night Marathon in a PB is that it is simply orgasmic!

So anyone contemplating running 42.195km can start training now.  There is so much time. When I trained for PBIM I used a 16-week program.  Am also hoping that my friends from all over Malaysia and beyond, especially those in Singapore, will come and join us for this momentous running experience.  I and all my running buddies will welcome you with open arms.  We may not have the fastest runners in Malaysia, but our boys really like to run as can be attested by how many of them did the Putrajaya Night Marathon and Adidas King of the Road combo.  I am so proud of them.  They have the legs to carry on running for years to come and make our State proud.  So if you think you cannot do it look at this fat old man running.  I used to weigh 105kg and could barely complete 5km.  Now I can do back to back long runs with only an hour's sleep.  If I can do it so can you!  What better way to kick start such a journey then to run the Kuching Marathon.  I hope to see you there!

My five full marathon medals

For more info do click here . Please note that the website is still in progress.  I will try my best to update my fellow readers on the latest news pertaining to this marathon.

3 comments:

  1. 16 weeks program? Mind to share? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. river jungle / island ocean ...well done. sure know how to pick the best to run eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Untuk mendapatkan Penghasilan Sampingan JUTAAN RUPIAH Hanya Dengan Dirumah Saja!
    Solusi Anda Di Zeusbola.

    Deposit Pulsa Tanpa Potongan Hanya Tersedia Di ZEUSBOLA !!

    Menyediakan super promo seperti:
    Bonus New Member 15%
    Bonus Everyday 10%
    Bonus Cashback 15%
    Rollingan 0,6% setiap minggu

    DEPOSIT MURAH

    SUPPORT DEPOSIT BANK LOKAL

    INFO SELANJUTNYA SEGERA HUBUNGI KAMI DI :
    WHATSAPP :+62 822-7710-4607

    ReplyDelete