Monday 30 September 2013

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2013 - Report





Kuching FM runners


Many of my friends thought I would be running the Standard Chartered KL Marathon. Yours truly never considered running it on the original date as I wasn't sure I could meet the 6-hour cut off time. However after running well at the Spring Live Active Run 21km I began to believe I could run even faster. This was confirmed at Borneo International Marathon when I PB. So yes, I did think about joining the KL Marathon. There was even a moment when my cursor hovered over the email to officially buy a bib.  At the end of the day I decided not to run it.  Know I disappointed some of my friends.  Especially the person who tirelessly looked for a bib for me and even till the last official day of bib buying didn't give up.  Hope he realises that I am still going to run a couple more runs this year, and two of them are FMs.  This old body of mine can only take so much running.  Next year everything will revolve around the Kuching Marathon set for early August. I will run it. Know many of my friends will run it too. Am hoping that many others will run it also.


Reuben and Mohan
Add caption
Reuben and Uncle Oliver
A light moment before the run
Reuben finishing in style
After the run

Kuching runners with their Finisher t-shirts
SCKLM swag
Philip Chua and his son Marcus


This time around a whole group of runners from Kuching went.  The bulk of them from the Hornbill Pacesetters Running Club.  Kept in touch with them through texting and they sent low resolution pics.  I worried about some of their injuries and also their times.  Our fastest runner was in supreme form again.  I know I will be running with three of them again in my next FM, and hopefully they will wait for me for pics. We all knew the Kenyans would be taking the top spots again. This was on the same day that Wilson Kipsang set a world record of 2 hours 3 minutes 23 seconds at the Berlin Marathon.  He shaved 15 seconds off the previous record of 2:03:38, set two years ago in Berlin by his countryman Patrick Makaui. In Kl it was defending champion Kennedy Kiprro Lilan, who clocked a time of 2:19:01, who clinched victory, ahead of compatriot Chelimo Luka Kipkemoi and Kosgei Robert, who finished second and third respectively in 2:19:35 and 2:19:50.  Fabian Osmond Daimon, from Sabah, took the honours amongst the local runners. All told 33,630 runners from 48 countries participated.


1 comment:

  1. Segera Daftar Dan Dapatkan Jutaan Rupiah Hanya Di Zeusbola!
    Deposit Murah!
    1 User Id Bisa Bermain Bermacam Game Di Zeusbola.
    Buruan Dan Dapatkan Jackpot Anda Sekarang Juga.


    INFO SELANJUTNYA SEGERA HUBUNGI KAMI DI :
    WHATSAPP :+62 822-7710-4607


    ReplyDelete