Are you King of the Jungle?
Date / time: 6.45am on 18th January 2015
Venue: Taman Rekreasi Kuari, Penang (Click Here to Download Map)
Start Time: 6.45 am
Flag off (in wave): 6.45am, 7.00am, 7.15am and 7.30am
Time to completion and NOT Cut-off time
Note : for Lion Dash, there is no cut-off time given,every registered participant will entitle a piece of the finisher medal.
Official website: My Triathlon Shop
ABOUT THE RACE:
Do you have the heart of a lion?
Summon the LION in you at the first ever obstacle race in Penang.
Lion Dash is a challenging obstacle course race with 10+ obstacles, mud, barbed wire, ice and more ! In addition to manmade obstacles, you will have to battle through some of the most rugged terrain in Penang.
- The main objective of Lion Dash is that it is designed to take runners out of their comfort zone and throw them into a new and challenging adventure that many have not experienced before. This is not road running or even trail running, this is obstacle racing, the next level of running events.
- Lion Dash is NOT a race. It is personal challenges where you will aspire to complete each obstacle set out successfully and make it to the finish line with a sense of achievement and satisfaction. There is no timing for this race; completing the Lion Dash is all that matters.
- There is no set time limit on which you must complete the Lion Dash course. The average time would be between 3 – 4 hours to complete Lion Dash, giving all participants ample time to conquer their fears.
- Participants will be given the opportunity to experience the beautiful forestry and rugged terrains in Penang by navigating through the treacherous hills and jungles.
- Although you can walk around an obstacle that you feel you cannot complete but we STRONGLY encourage attempting each obstacles as a form of challenging yourself.
- Lion Dash Penang is based on a wave format, which means only 500 participants will be released in every 15 minutes. The cut-off time given will be 4 hours. All runners are advised to be at the Start Line 30 minutes before his or her chosen wave time.
- At the Registration Portal, we will let a user to choose his or her own preference in term of wave time. But we will have a control whereby the maximum number for each wave times will not exceed 500.
1) Registration Fees / Age Group:
- A) The registration fee for team event is RM60.00/person. Minimum 4 and maximum 6 person in a team. Must register before 15th September 2014.
- B) Men / Women Open ( age from 18 years and above ) – RM65.00/person (early bird), RM75.00/person (normal rate) and RM90.00/person (late charges)
- C) Team / Mixed Team event – from 4 to 6 in a team
2) Registration Period :
- A) Early birds – from 1st August till 15th September 2014
- B) Normal Rate – 16th September until 31st October 2014
- C) Late charges – 1st November until 30th November 2014
- A) Buddy and Mixed Challenge – A person brings in another friend and both will get RM8.00 off ( early bird), RM5.00 off (normal rate) and RM2.00 off (late charges)
- B) Loyalty Rate (for those whom have registered Lion Dash Singapore 2014 between now till 15th September 2014) will get 10% off.
Limited Edition t-shirt (Can be purchased during registration)