Thursday 21 November 2013

Newton Challenge Penang 2014



Another run in Penang?

7km or 17km

Highest road run elevation on the island

Had the pleasure of meeting up with Karen Geh while I was collecting my race pack for the Penang Bridge International Marathon 2013.  She was promoting her Newton Challenge Penang 2014 run. Runners can choose either to run 7km or 17km. This is supposed to be the highest road run elevation on the island. Yours truly must admit he was tempted... But alas I had already signed up for another run on that same weekend. Must admit the runs are coming fast and furious nowadays. They even had the actual medal on display - talk about smart marketing strategy. The running top is nice and so too the free socks thrown in, and the registration fee, a contentious issue with many races nowadays, is reasonable. I know they will always be people who complain about the registration costs, since they run many races. The prerogative is yours. If you don't like the price, then don't sign up for the event. Newton shoes are also offered at great discount. So at the end of the day if you like your Newtons you know what to do.

Me, Karen Geh and Nasa at PBIM

Having run at the Borneo International Marathon 2013, that dresses us in Newton running apparel, I can safely say that I have no qualms in using their line of running tops to run. In fact I even used Newton socks for two of my FMs and they really kept my feet happy. The same cannot be said for some more expensive brands of socks. Even I might consider signing up just to get the run top and the socks! Of course then there will be those who will accuse me of taking a running slot from others who genuinely want to run the race. Even at the PBIM they were selling off the actual run singlets at RM25 each because runners had not turned up to collect their race packs. It happens each year at the big races. Runners were snapping them up like they were made of durian or something. If you want to give the Newton run a try just click here to register. Or if you need some more convincing just click here to learn more.  All I can say right now is I wish I had the ability to be in two places at one time on 16th February 2014!





1 comment:

  1. ZEUSBOLA Situs Judi Terlengkap dan Terpecaya
    *Promo Bonus Pulsa Tanpa Potongan
    *Bonus New Member 15%
    *Bonus Deposit Harian 10%
    *Bonus Reward Setiap Tingkatan Level
    *Bonus referral ZeusBola

    Mainkan game favoritemu dan nikmati kemudahan
    menjadi pemenang!

    INFO SELANJUTNYA SEGERA HUBUNGI KAMI DI :
    WHATSAPP :+62 822-7710-4607


    ReplyDelete