Tuesday 18 February 2014

Colour Rush 2.0


Specta-colour Event

3,200 participants


In my quest to challenge myself I had to DNS Colour Rush 2.0 as I was in KL to do my maiden ultra. However from what I have learned, the second edition of Colour Rush managed to gather more than 3,200 participants to help raise public awareness on children's cancer. Yours truly has always been supportive of the Sarawak Children's Cancer Society (SCCS), and has participated in Go Bald 4.0 and 5.0. It is so nice to see so many people take part is this 5km fun charity run. The running bug has definitely hit Kuching big time. Last year I remember only 1,200 runners took part in this event. Now the participation level nearly rivals that of last year's Spring Live Active Run. All I can say is somebody is doing things right. Many thanks to Dato Patrick Liew, the founder of OurYouth.my and his team, and all those volunteers at SCCS, for helping make this event a huge success. To get into the spirit of things I even wore my Colour Rush 2.0 t-shirt today. Of course it is spotless, unlike the one from last year which still has a little discoloured patch that never wants to go away even after repeated washings. 

The theme this year was "Help Kids Outrun Cancer," and was held in conjunction with International Childhood Cancer Day. The feel good factor about this run is what attracts runners the most I believe. That coupled with the fact that everyone gets to throw coloured powder at each other. So it's no surprise to see participants covered from head to toe in coloure. Luckily this year the participants knew what to expect. How I wished I was there too with them getting all coloured up. The next event to look forward to is SCCS's Go Bald 6.0. to be held in Kuching on 4th May 2014, at City One Megamall. I unfortunately will be out of town running yet again on that date. This looks like the year of the clashing dates for me. For more information on Go Bald do contact Jacqueline Chin at 012-802228 or email jacqueline.chin@sccs.org.my. Do also check out their websites at colourrushrun.com or gobald.my and like the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/swakchildrenscancersociety. Many thanks to the newest paparazzi on the block, my own MBF, Nasa Zaidul, for the pics. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment