Saturday 5 July 2014

Trail in Twilight Stars 2014 - Have you registered yet?




Let's rock the trails of Penang Hill


Having run the Penang Bridge International Marathon the last two years, and having already signed up to run it on the new bridge this year, I just realized beyond Bayan Lepas, Queensbay Mall, and Georgetown, I don't really know much about Penang Island itself.  Now thanks to the good people at My Triathlon Shop, who continue to organise wonderful events such as Trail in Twilight Stars I might consider conquering the trails around Penang Hill this year.  Have heard from friends that it is rather challenging. Imagine doing those trails in the dark with only a headlamp and a torchlight. Hmmm... I know, I know, I shouldn't think too much. Am a road runner. Might consider walking the trail, but running it might be biting off more than I can chew. That's a bad Suarez-ish habit of mine. Trust me that word might be in Webster's in the not too distant future, as in "doing a Suarez" when someone falls onto someone and leaves bite marks on them. Enough nonsense from me already!


Registration is open! The rest is up to you. This event will be held on 20th to 21st December, 2014, from 6pm to 6am, at Botanical Garcen, Bee Gallery. Those who want to register right away can click here. Those needing more information can visit the My Triathlon Shop link above. This first edition of the Trail in Twilight Stars sees runners tackle 7km of challenging trails and asphalt in the forest of Penang Hill in the night. Starting at 6pmm runner have 12 hours to complete as many laps of 7km as possible, finishing before the day breaks at 6am. This event caters to different levels of abilities, with the medal you earn based on your own determination. What that means is that to qualify for a bronze medal the participant must complete up to 4 laps (7km to 28km). For those up for the challenge there can go for a silver medal by completing 5 to 7 laps (35km to 49km). Those who are masters of night trail running can go for gold by completing 8 or more laps (56km and beyond).

Runners entitlement includes a number tag, an event t-shirt, breakfast from 6am on Sunday, a finisher t-shirt and a finisher medal. Glance below to see what you will get. Just think about this, even the novice trail runner need only complete one loop of 7km to get a medal and a finisher t-shirt. If you're still not satisfied then go to their aforementioned website and learn more.  I am from Kuching and I am already excited, what more to say those who live in Penang itself. Here's me looking forward to even more exciting events from My Triathlon Shop in the near future, especially the Newton Challenge Penang to be held on 8th February 2015! That will be runs of 12km and 25km, with the latter also getting a finisher t-shirt! I have learned of many more exciting events coming to Penang next year that go beyond the two ultras and PBIM, and will keep my constant runners informed if and when I know more about them. Happy running always everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment