Friday 11 July 2014

Trail in Twilight Stars 2014 - Press Conference



Let's Rock the Trails

Those who have read my previous blog post (Click here if you haven't), will know about the Trail in Twilight Stars that will be held on 20th to 21st December 2014. It's a 12-hour event that will see runners of all skill levels tackle the trails around the Penang Hill. Yesterday the event was officially launched by YB Kairil Khir Johari at Pusat Komuniti Parlimen Bukit Bendera. In attendance were Karen Geh and KC Tan from My Triathlon Shop, the event organizers. Yours truly is not a trail runner but has verbally committed himself to attempting this. Even the novice trail runner can give it a try as running only one 7km loop will get them a bronze medal and finisher t-shirt. Of course I am sure many out there will try to see how many loops they can do in the allocated time. The more loops done the better the medal awarded. I don't aspire for much as I am unfamiliar with the trail. However am sure those from Penang who are used to it can go for Gold.

The good news is that this is a go green event. Runners are encouraged to bring their own bottles. How many of us have actually done trail ultramarathons before?  Now is your chance! For many it surely will be an awesome way to end their year in running in style. Early bird registration is still available till 31st July 2014.  Those wanting to know more can visit their Facebook page or their official website. Not too long ago the only running event that perked my interest when it came to Penang was PBIM. Now I am spoiled for choices when it comes to running in Penang. Who knows maybe next year I will be jetting over there several times to run. Especially since I have heard that more exciting running events will be held there. So keep an eye out for my postings on the very latest running news from the island. Now I have to seek out a good pair of trail running shoes. I still have time to break it in for this event. Happy running always everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment